A Small School With Loud Intentions

The Oyler Griffin

The Oyler Griffin

The Oyler Griffin

Oyler Enrichment Opportunities are back and better than ever

By Aureale DeBruce

Oyler students have many great Enrichment Opportunities such as Broadcasting club, Anime club, and Grils to Women.  

Any student from grade 7 to grade 12 is allowed to come to these clubs. “I am super open to having junior high students work with high school students in clubs to get them more prepared for when they do get to high school,” said Mr.Nick Kuster high school enrichment coordinator.

On Mondays Oyler offers Gardening with Mr. Talbert, Video Games with Mr. Nick, and Broadcast Club with Mr. Connor. “Those are all three great opportunities to get involved in completely different clubs,” said Mr. Nick.

On Tuesdays Oyler only offers Anime club with Ms. Seither at the moment, in room 3002.”I like how energetic Ms. Seither is,”said freshman Kailee Williamson. Ms.Nick also said This club has been very popular so far and Mr. Nick knows there is a large number of students that  wanted to participate in this club.

On Wednesday Oyler students are offered the opportunity to join Mad Mic (podcasting) with Mr. Conn0r, Student Council with Ms. Fliehman and Ms. Warren, and wellness club with Ms. Thomas.

Lastly, Thursday Oyler offers Girls to Women with Ms. Warren and Mad Mic with Mr. Connor. We also have a couple of clubs that will be starting soon. Red Bike on oct. 13, 20,and 27 Adventure Club, and Theater. 

Mr. Nick said, “there is not a piece of paper to sign up on, all you have to do is just show up to the club you want to be a part of.” Mr. Nick will be there to get your name and grade. By signing your name it tells Oyler staff that you have interest in a particular club and that is important for them to know. 

Oyler staff hopes that we have some field trips this year. Adventure Club technically goes on a field trip once a month. For the month of September, Oyler students had the chance to go Kayaking up in Loveland, OH. Some other clubs may have field trips too. Mr. Nick  knows that  Mr. Talbert and the gardening club wants to do field trips later this fall. 

Mr. Nick also talked about how he found the opportunities. “We have a lot of amazing partners that we work with and none of this would be possible if it wasn’t for them,” said Mr. Nick. “We also have amazing teachers in this building that are willing to connect and work with students outside of the normal 8 to 3 day. Those teachers are much appreciated and it does not go unnoticed.”

If a student wants to do something that isn’t offered this semester, the most important thing to do is tell Mr. Nick. Mr.Nick wants every club and activity to appeal to the students interests. All the clubs Oyler has this semester have come from students telling Mr.Nick what they want. 

“If you come to me and let me know what you are interested in, then I can work on my end to find a solution,” said Mr. Nick.