After 2 Years, Oyler’s Theater is finally back

Oyler’s Theater Program is back this semester!

Lashanti Hutchinson, Griffin Reporter

Jordan Sweet

Oyler has brought back the Theater program with Frozen Jr. The performance was on January 27, 2023. 

Jordan Sweet

Nick Kuster is the 7th through 12th-grade enrichment coordinator. Mr. Nick helped with the play which he said took about 7 months to plan and get finished. His favorite part of the play was the final performance. 

“It was fun to see the students excited,” Mr. Nick said. “I like how parents, families, and adults show up to that kind of stuff.” 

Jordan Sweet

Before Mr. Nick worked here, he said he didn’t even know anything about theater. Now, he’s helped put together two performances alongside Ms. Fliehman; last year’s play was “High School Musical.” 

Some days they had to practice 5 days a week for 3 hours per day. Nick said, “It takes so much more than I thought to plan a play.”

“So many moving pieces and still not enough time…but we made it work at the end of the day,” Mr. Nick said. 

Jordan Sweet

Sadie Smith said, “I’d just like to say that it’s a great opportunity to get involved and meet new people. A lot of the relationships I’ve built came from the plays,”

Sadie Smith was in the play and played Olaf. She was involved in theater since the 7th grade, but unfortunately, she’s a senior and this is her last play. The play connected her, Fliehman and many friends.

Fliehman is the main person behind all the Oyler theater performances but Mr. Nick helps out too.