A Small School With Loud Intentions

The Oyler Griffin

The Oyler Griffin

The Oyler Griffin

The Griffin Revived for a New Era

By James Sweet, Katie Mason, Myranda Swift, Cecelia Carter and Mariah Mann

A core group of The Griffin’s staff took our school’s newspaper to a new level. They took the GoBus to Athens, Ohio, on Friday afternoon to attend a personalized workshop that was provided by Ohio University’s journalism program.

Katie Mason, the news editor said, ” This weekend was really empowering. It brought our staff closer together. I am excited to take this big step as a school newspaper, with my friends. I am grateful to Dr. Stewart  and the students that worked with us this weekend for giving us this learning opportunity.”

They were greeted  when they arrived on campus with concerts tickets to Scotty McCreery. After the show, they were amazed at the action packed sports highlight news production, The Gridiron Glory.

Saturday was spend with The Post’s editor, Lauren Fisher, and her staff. They helped our students learn about the themes, and the vision and direction for the various new platforms that The Griffin is launching.

James Sweet, The Deputy Director of Layout and Distribution, said, “This workshop was great and we should be able to bring the paper to the 21st century and hopefully attract a new and youthful audience.”

Thank you to everyone at Ohio University for taking students from a small school, and giving us big experiences. Also thank you to our school and community for following The Griffin in this new journey.

To keep up with us, follow The Griffin on our social medias!

Instagram:

@oylergriffincincinnati

Twitter:

@Oyler_Griffin

Facebook:

The Oyler Griffin